Learn how to implement Layered Process Audits (LPA) in the Automotive or any other industry to improve product quality and customer satisfaction. LPAs can be applied to verify any defined process within an organization. This course will help you use the AIAG CQI-8 Guideline to confidently implement LPA at your facility. Participants will become comfortable with an efficient LPA implementation model and the sample formats and reports provided within CQI-8. Activities in the workshop will help participants create effective LPA questions, and discussion will include differences between the major OEM Customer requirements for LPAs.
A hard copy of the CQI-8 Layered Process Audits Guideline will be included in the course material.
Please Note: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
- Individuals involved with planning and implementing LPA
- Managers who want better results from their existing LPA process
- LPA auditors who want to understand the key aspects of LPA
- Trainers, consultants, and Quality System auditors who want to learn more about LPAs and CQI-8
- Key Aspects and the Value of LPA
- Using CQI-8 to implement or improve an LPA system
- Top Management Planning
- How to properly identify and write effective checksheet questions
- Deploying LPAs
- Conducting an LPA audit
- Top Management Review and Continuous Improvement of LPA
General knowledge of the Layered Process Audit strategy or familiarity with the AIAG CQI-8 guidelines and knowledge of automotive quality practices is recommended.
- Reduce variation in production
- Reduce scrap, rework and customer issues
- Reduce end-of-line inspection
- Improve safety
- Improve customer scorecards
- Increase improvement suggestions from operator