Wayne State University, in cooperation with AIAG, is offering a one week, automotive industry focused, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Seminar designed to provide purchasing and supply chain executives, senior managers, leaders and other functional personnel with the knowledge and skills necessary to significantly improve company supply chain management contributions to cost, financial and overall performance.
This executive seminar has been designed specifically for the auto/vehicle industry with a focus on Purchasing, Logistics and the Integrated Supply Chain. The auto industry is extremely complex, characterized by high capital investments, a globally integrated network of automotive OEM's and suppliers and increasing reliance on leading-edge technology and product/process innovation.
Risk identification and mitigation is critical, beginning with new product development and throughout the supply network. Global logistics decisions must address inbound flows from multiple suppliers to worldwide manufacturing facilities. Effective working relationships between buyers and suppliers are critical because of the supply network interdependency. Purchasing/sourcing strategies and decisions have significant short and long-term competitive impacts.
This seminar addresses these complex purchasing and supply chain topics in the context of the global auto industry, and is taught by academics and industry executives with extensive industry experience.
Global Purchasing & Supply Chain Executive Program
Click here to download the flyer.
The seminar is aimed at purchasing and supply chain management executives, managers and other leaders who can influence positive change in purchasing and supply chain management strategies at their organizations.
The seminar is also aimed at leaders in finance, product development, operations and others who influence the success of their company supply chains.
It is also appropriate for those who will be undertaking new supply chain management leadership roles.
This seminar will provide participants:
- Knowledge and insights enabling opportunity for positive impact on cost, financial, and overall competitive performance through purchasing and supply chain excellence
- Insights into emerging auto industry trends, their implications and global supply and customer markets
- Opportunities to further develop understanding of the integrated supply/value chain and the necessary alignment and linkage of goals and strategies for competitive success
- Enhanced understanding and application of supply strategies and approaches to price/cost, technology, responsiveness, and quality improvement; innovation; collaboration and supplier relationships; risk management; purchase category strategies; demand and supply planning; global logistics; sustainability and supply chain transparency
- Exposure to leading ideas from auto industry executives and opportunities for exchange of ideas with peers from other companies
- Critical benchmarking and good practice information from other industries based on leading academic/industry resources