The requirements of ISO/TS 16949 promote a process approach for the design and development, production, installation and service of automotive products, which can result in increased quality, a reduction in variation and increased efficiency. In this 2-day course, develop a complete appreciation for ISO/TS 16949, including the process approach to quality management, and an understanding of how it is necessary and valuable to your overall business management system.
Learn the intent and requirements of the Technical Specification and its linkages to North American automotive quality Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, MSA, PPAP and SPC) and customer requirements of FCA, Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Co.
- Apply specific clauses, relate the clauses to the intent of the standard and how it is linked by the process approach
- Analyze the impact on your organization's decision to implement an ISO/TS 16949 quality management system
- Identify customer oriented processes and maximize the benefits of ISO/TS 16949
- Complete a GAP Analysis for your organization
- Map key processes in relation to the requirements of ISO/TS 16949 Translate Linkages to APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC and MSA
This course provides a tremendous overview for personnel involved in the implementation and/or maintenance process and it is recommended for individuals at organizations just getting started on ISO/TS 16949 compliance or certification. Employees at every level, including anyone who needs to learn about automotive requirements/ standards, compliance and/or registration, and internal trainers who want a simple, effective method of explaining ISO/TS 16949 to employees will benefit.