Using the process approach and the respective customer-specific requirements, this 4-day training teaches you the basics for VDA 6.3 process auditors.
The introduction to the basics of process auditing includes general requirements, methods, principles, assessment scheme and risk analysis.
Furthermore, the underlying questionnaire is explained according to the assigned process elements, so that through the process audit you can identify the respective risks and potentials along the supply chain.
PREREQUISITES FOR PARTICIPATION
- Knowledge of main quality tools and methods
- Knowledge of applicable management system requirements
- Knowledge of further applicable customer-specific requirements
- Product and process-specific knowledge in the planned field of operation
- depending on field of operation, relevant professional experience according to VDA volume 6.3
- Auditor qualification based on DIN EN ISO 19011 (only for supplier auditors as external service providers or participants who additional want to sit the exam for certified process auditor)
After passing the knowledge test you will receive a VDA certificate of qualification.
QM personnel tasked with conducting audits in their own organisation (internal) or in the supply chain (externally). Furthermore, this training also addresses external auditors (assigned as service providers).
+ Correlation with other requirements
+ Overview of the three different types of audits and explanation of the differences
+ Overview of the contents of the individual VDA 6.3 chapters
+ Introduction to the process approach for risk analysis according to the Turtle model
+ Audit process from the audit programme to the completion of the audit
+ Planning and conducting a process audit
+ Assessment scheme of a process audit
+ Code of conduct for process auditors
+ Process element 2 – project management
+ Process element 3 – planning product and process development
+ Process element 4 – realisation of product and process development
+ Process element 5 – supplier management
+ Process element 6 – process analysis production
+ Process element 7 – customer service
+ Attribution and assessment of audit findings
+ Audit report, documentation and conclusion
+ Process element 1 – potential analysis
+ Introduction to the current SI's and FAQ's
These training steps guide you through the basic requirements for process audits and enable integrated application in automotive industry. These basics are used to correct, stabilise and optimise processes, and are developed in the exercises and case examples. The aim is to assure a reliable assessment.