AIAG Training Services
Introduction to Design Review Based on Failure Modes (DRBFM)
This course is intended to provide an overview of DRBFM. The DRBFM methodology continues to be used in many industries by many companies to significantly improve change controls (both internally and at suppliers). This course will discuss the requirements and common techniques that will enable a company to gain the maximum benefits of the DRBFM process. Since proficiency is only gained by doing, participants are encouraged to bring a DRBFM example to work on during the class. The course will follow the four steps of the DRBFM process as defined in the AIAG CQI-24 Design Review Based on Failure Mode Guideline.
This course will also offer an overview of the Design Review Based on Test Results (DRBTR) methodology, including DRBTR objectives and common techniques. The course will also provide participants with a practice DRBTR document and instruction on how to populate it with the most common information.
CEU credit: 1.50
|Pricing & Time|
|Time:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Not a member? Join AIAG today to get member pricing!|
|Sep. 28-Sep 29, 2015||Southfield, MI USA||20|
For onsite training information and a price quote please call (248) 358-3570.
Who Should Attend
DRBFM is a methodology adopted by all industries. This course is designed to support the roles of management, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, supplier quality, materials, validation, materials and aftermarket engineering. If you are affected by an engineering technical decision, this course is for you. This course can help you and your company improve launch effectiveness, increase brand loyalty and profit margin, and gain market dominance in quality and reliability.
- List the benefits, requirements, and objectives of DRBFM
- Demonstrate the steps used to complete a DRBFM project
- Demonstrate the proper usage of the DRBFM preparation documents
- Describe the interfacing tools used to maximize the benefit of the DRBFM analysis
- Follow the DRBFM methodology to efficiently create a DRBFM worksheet
- Describe the linkage of DRBFM, DFMEA and PFMEA
- Describe the linkage of DRBFM and DRBTR
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of management and engineers within DRBFM
- Describe the output of each step of the DRBFM Methodology
- Change Point FMEA (Forum One)
- Design Review (Forum Two)
- Actions Results
- Summarize the lean practices of the DRBFM process and how they support the engineer
By attending this seminar you will be able to: