AIAG Training Services
RABQSA-Certified ISO 14001 EMS Lead Auditor
An environmental management system (EMS) based on the ISO 14001 standard is recognized worldwide as a superb methodology for reducing environmental hazards, maintaining regulatory compliance and as a cost-saving vehicle.
Environmental management system internal auditors assist an organization in maintaining an effective EMS and in meeting environmentally sensitive targets and objectives. Using environmental methodology and tools, this EMS lead auditor class helps your organization drive continuous improvement.
This in-depth course gives you the skills and tools necessary to
become an effective lead auditor in your organization. Hands-on
class work, exercises and case studies will prepare you to effectively
run your internal audit, as well as oversee internal auditors during
the course of an audit. Learn a range of internal EMS auditing skills
that will help you become a strong advocate and auditor in your
company's effort to obtain maximum value from your commitment
to environmental issues. Gain confidence in your audit skills - from
planning through reporting the results. In addition, acquire actual
experience working as a member of a functioning audit team during
This course is certified by RABQSA and meets the training portion of the requirements for certification of individual QMS auditors. This course also meets the requirements for an IRCA lead auditor.
NOTE: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
CEU credit: 3.60
Who Should Attend
Recommended for anyone taking on the role of lead auditor, EMS audit program coordinators, EMS auditors desiring lead auditor status, EMS planners, implementers and team members.
- Define RABQSA Criteria
- List Guidelines governing the Lead Auditor Training Courses
- Describe Environmental awareness
- Assess Top Management commitment
- Apply Compliance with environmental legal requirements
- Conform with OEM Customer Specific Requirements (automotive industry only)
- Interrelate with other management systems
- Complete EMS Application Activity (Aspects and Impacts)
- Understanding the ISO 14001:2004 Standard and environmental legal requirements
- Utilize EMS Customer Specific Requirements (automotive industry only)
- Practice Auditing Skills
- Apply Audit Skills
- Utilize the RABQSA Auditor Certification Handbook
- Demonstrate use of Conformity Assessment Documents
Requirements for Successful Completion
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of ISO 14001 and the application of audit principles and practices based on ISO 14001. Seventy-five percent of the examination grade is based on questions that require essay responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of ISO 14001. The remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice, true/false or short-answer questions.
- Those who pass will receive a certificate of successful completion, which satisfies the training requirement for individual QMS auditor certification by RABQSA and IRCA.
- Those who do not pass will receive a certificate of attendance.
A series of questions to be answered and turned in prior to or at the beginning of the course is required to demonstrate understanding of ISO 14001.
Plexus Corporation is the RABQSA-certified course provider for training at AIAG
There are no related courses for this item.
There are no related Products for this item.