AIAG Training Services
Implementing Layered Process Audits
Learn how to implement Layered Process Audits to improve product quality and customer satisfaction. This course helps you use the AIAG CQI-8 Guideline and other resources provided in the training to help you confidently implement Layered Process Audits (LPA) at your facility. This "train-the-trainer" course is designed for individuals who will be leading your facility's implementation of LPAs. Discussion will include differences between the major OEM/Customer requirements for LPAs.
The price of this workshop includes the "LPA-in-a-Box" implementation and training kit, which consists of a facilitator guide, Excel® templates, implementation roadmap, training materials, case study and resources for the management team. "LPA-in-a-Box" includes a license to reproduce the training materials at one facility. License of these materials is limited to one designated site/location per box. A multiple site license discount is available by calling AIAG at (248) 358-3570.
Please Note: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
CEU credit: 0.80
Who Should Attend
Recommended for production leaders, quality leaders and team leaders who will lead or champion the implementation of Layered Process Audits (LPA) at their company, or who are looking for a deeper understanding of LPA to make their system more effective and efficient.
- LPA overview
- Case study review of the application of LPA
- LPA Implementation Roadmap
- Learning key aspects of LPA implementation
- How to design effective audit questions
- Ways to improve existing LPA check sheets
- Management Review and Reporting
- Practice presentations and team discussion
- Reduce variation in production
- Reduce scrap, rework and customer issues
- Reduce end-of-line inspection
- Improve safety
- Improve customer scorecards
- Increase improvement suggestions from operator
General knowledge of the Layered Process Audit strategy or familiarity with the AIAG CQI-8 guidelines and knowledge of automotive quality practices is recommended.