- The types of root causes and methods to determine each of them effectively;
- Which tools/methods best apply to each step of a disciplined problem solving process;
- The "what" and "how" of "containment" and its proper role in problem solving;
- How to locate and disposition "suspect" material;
- How to use the FMEA failure modes in problem solving;
- When and how to engage the supplier;
- How to generate and select the best solution from possible alternatives;
- How to implement preventive actions.