- Define Automotive Process Approach
- Apply the Process Approach to their organization
- Identify the ISO/TS 16949:2009 Sector-specific Supplementations/Additions
- Translate the Linkages to Automotive Core Tools and Customer Requirements
- Integrate Core Tools
- Translate Linkages to Quality Management Principles
- Review Rules 3rd Edition
- Review Exemplar Global Auditor Certification Handbook
- Demonstrate Auditing Skills
- Apply Auditing Skills
Recommended for first- and second-party auditors who want
to become AIAG-certified supplier auditors; want to apply for
certification as an Exemplar Global-certified QMS internal auditor, QMS
auditor or QMS lead auditor; or who need to learn about ISO/TS 16949
in order to audit an ISO/TS 16949 quality management system.
Requirements for Successful Completion
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing
capability, performance as team members when role playing, and
communication skills (performed independently by all instructors
involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of ISO/TS 16949
and the application of audit principles and practices based on ISO/
TS 16949. Seventy-five percent of the examination grade is based
on questions that require essay responses that test comprehension
of the audit process and the application of ISO/TS 16949. The
remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice,
true/false or short-answer questions.
Earn two certificates upon successful appraisal
- An Exemplar Global certificate of successful completion, which meets the training requirements for Exemplar Global certification of individual
QMS internal auditors, QMS auditors and QMS lead auditors
- An AIAG ISO/TS 16949 Supplier Auditor Certification certificate
for first- and second-party assessments
Note: Successful completion of this course/exam does not qualify you to
conduct third-party audits.
A series of questions to be answered and turned in prior to the
beginning of the course to demonstrate understanding of ISO 9001.