- Improve the performance of your quality management system by practicing the basics of SPC, how SPC and MSA are interrelated, and the fundamental tools/techniques for both SPC and MSA.
- Develop and execute plans to implement SPC and MSA, including which tools/techniques are applicable for differing circumstances.
- Calculate and interpret following the steps in the SPC and MSA manuals.
- Compare and contrast Prevention versus Detection
- Identify Common and Special Causes of Variation
- Utilize X-bar and R Charts: Construction, Setting Limits, Analysis, Process Control, Individual and Moving Range Charts: Construction, Setting Limits, Analysis, Process Control
- Interpret Process Capability: Pp, Ppk, Cp, Cpk, Analysis
- Read Attribute Charts: Proportion Nonconforming (p) Charts and Nonconformities (c) Charts; Construction, Setting Limits, Analysis, Process Control
- Enable Process Stability
- Define Measurement Systems and the Measurement Process
- Interpret Measurement Studies for Stability, Bias, and Linearity with Examples
- Interpret Measurement Studies for Repeatability and Reproducibility with Examples
- Identify Measurement Uncertainty
- Interpret Measurement Studies for Attributes with Examples
- Relate SPC and MSA to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO/TS 16949:2009
Must have a working knowledge of SPC and MSA
or have completed Understanding and Implementing MSA and SPC
training plus have a working knowledge of Excel®.