AIAG Training Services
PFMEA in Context
The development and usage of the quality core tools including process flow diagrams, process FMEAs and control plans are nothing new to the automotive supply base. Unfortunately, in many cases, these documents are not used to their full potential reducing the benefit for both suppliers and their customers. Recently OEM customers and 3rd party certification bodies have seen a decline in the quality of process flow diagrams, process FMEAs and control plans leading to a decline in delivery performance, lower product quality, and increased findings during 3rd party audits. As an advanced next step in process improvement, this 2-day workshop was designed to reemphasize the benefits, importance, and proper development of these documents for the benefit of supplier organizations and their customers.
NOTE: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
CEU credit: 1.50
|Pricing & Time|
|Time:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Not a member? Join AIAG today to get member pricing!|
|May. 13-May 14, 2015||Southfield, MI USA||10|
|Aug. 19-Aug 20, 2015||Southfield, MI USA||24|
|Nov. 04-Nov 05, 2015||Southfield, MI USA||25|
For onsite training information and a price quote please call (248) 358-3570.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for Manufacturing/Process Engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers and Internal Auditors that need an in-depth understanding of the development, linkage and auditing principles of the core tool documents. This course will also be helpful for any member of your internal APQP team that may be involved in the development of core tools documents.
- Identify the fundamental requirements for process flow diagrams, PFMEA, and control plans as they relate to ISO/TS 16949:2009 and PPAP 4th edition
- Discuss the fundamental purpose and importance of these documents as they relate to your company
- Identify the proper owners of these documents and when these documents are developed in the APQP process
- Identify and basic inputs for these process documents from DFMEA, statutory, regulatory, and customer requirements (internal and external)
- Review the fundamentals of developing process flows, PFMEA's and control plans
- Identify required linkage of these documents and how they should be developed as "one document"
- Discuss company philosophy and database issues
- Discuss the importance of these documents as they relate to your corrective and preventive actions procedures and how they are updated
- Discuss the proper technique for auditing these documents on the manufacturing floor
During the workshop participants will develop process flow diagrams, process FMEAs and control plans for both automotive and non automotive processes. Attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop computer, preloaded with Microsoft Excel, to develop actual, and usable documents for use during the workshop and internally afterwards. Excel spreadsheets will be provided.
It is recommended that participants have a general understanding of the APQP and PPAP processes prior to attending this course.