AIAG Training Services
ISO 14001 EMS Internal Auditor
An environmental management system (EMS) based on the ISO 14001 standard is recognized worldwide as a superb methodology for reducing environmental hazards, maintaining regulatory compliance and as a cost-saving vehicle.
Environmental management system internal auditors assist an organization in maintaining an effective EMS and in meeting environmentally sensitive targets and objectives. Using environmental methodology and tools, this EMS internal auditor class helps your organization drive continuous improvement.
Learn a range of internal EMS auditing skills that will help you
become a strong advocate and auditor in your company's effort to
obtain maximum value from your commitment to environmental
issues. Gain confidence in your audit skills - from planning through
reporting the results. Acquire actual experience working as a member
of a functioning audit team during the course.
NOTE: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
CEU credit: 2.40
Who Should Attend
Recommended for EMS audit program coordinators, EMS auditors desiring certified internal auditor status, EMS planners, implementers and team members.
- Basic EMS system terminology
- Environmental auditing and system evaluation using the ISO 19011 standard
- Effective communication skills and techniques
- Conflict management
- The process of auditing - plan, prepare, perform and evaluate after an internal EMS audit
- A simulated audit using documentation from an actual organization
Requirements for Successful Completion
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of ISO 14001 and the application of audit principles and practices based on ISO 14001. Fifty percent of the examination grade is based on questions that require short answer responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of ISO 14001. The remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice and true/false questions.
- Those who pass the exam will receive a certificate of successful completion
- Those who do not pass the exam will receive a certificate of attendance
There are no related courses for this item.
There are no related Products for this item.