This two-day course is intended to enable participants to apply and interpret the concepts and benefits of specifying and dimensioning products using functional quotation, tolerance of form, and position. Participants will construct a clear vision of the existing paradox within the industry. Example: "Why this characteristic is non-conforming to the specification and the part mounts function well in the product?" or "Why the part is within the specification, but doesn't mount or work properly with the customer?"
Throughout the course, each participant will have conditions to interpret and dimensions to specify using functional quotation and tolerances of form and position.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of reading and interpretation of basic drawing (drawing on sights and cuts)
- Personnel from areas of product engineering, industrial engineering, and quality
- Quality and layout personnel and support staff who must communicate with engineering and manufacturing, as well as laboratory technicians who must perform gauging to layouts
- Conventional Quotation X Functional Quotation
- Chain of Quotas and Recesses
- Form Tolerance (only one element):
- Form Straight
- Plain Form
- Circular Form
- Cylindrical Form
- Form of any line
- Position Tolerance (2 or more elements):