This 3-day course is designed for new internal auditors and experienced internal auditors who require refresher training. Participants will complete an in-depth review of ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2016, and the tools to effectively prepare and conduct internal audits. Through individual participation and group exercises, participants will apply and audit the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 through case study activities that focus on industry-recognized auditing techniques.
Is this the right class for you? CLICK HERE to review the Training Selection Tool.
NOTE: This course is not a certification course and does not include a final examination. If you are looking for a certification course, please see the Exemplar Global-Certified ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training with IATF 16949:2016 Automotive Emphasis. CLICK HERE for more information
In accordance with internal auditor competency requirements defined in IATF 16949 Section 7.2.3, participants are encouraged to complete the AIAG Core Tools Self-Assessment (CTSA) to assess proficiency in the core tools, prior to attending auditor training. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Recommended: Basic knowledge of the Customer Specific Requirements and the Core Tools.
- Self-Study (Recommended): A series of questions (self-study document) to be answered by the student and turned in prior to or at the beginning of the course. The self-study is designed to acquaint you with ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standards, and the guidelines for auditing management systems.
Recommended: Learning participation can be maximized if the individual enters with working knowledge and experience related to this subject.
- Identify linkages to quality management principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of and apply the automotive process approach to auditing, including risk-based thinking
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
- Identify the requirements applicable to an IATF 16949:2016 internal auditor
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and Customer Specific Requirements, including how to audit the applicable CSRs
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and the Core Tools
- Apply auditing skills according to ISO 19011 for Internal Auditors
NOTE: A full copy of the IATF 16949:2016 and 9001:2015 publications are not included. However, the exacted requirements text of 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, with training commentary, will be included in the participant manual.
Course Material: Course Material information will be provided on your confirmation document upon completion of registration – if you have more specific questions, please contact customer service at 877-275-2424.