An environmental management system (EMS) based on the ISO 14001 standard is recognized worldwide as a superb methodology for reducing environmental hazards, maintaining regulatory compliance and as a cost-saving vehicle.
Environmental management system internal auditors assist an organization in maintaining an effective EMS and in meeting environmentally sensitive targets and objectives. Using environmental methodology and tools, this EMS internal auditor class helps your organization drive continuous improvement.
Learn a range of internal EMS auditing skills that will help you become a strong advocate and auditor in your company's effort to obtain maximum value from your commitment to environmental issues. Gain confidence in your audit skills - from planning through reporting the results. Acquire actual experience working as a member of a functioning audit team during the course.
- Basic EMS system terminology
- Environmental auditing and system evaluation using the ISO 19011 standard
- Effective communication skills and techniques
- Conflict management
- The process of auditing - plan, prepare, perform and evaluate after an internal EMS audit
- A simulated audit using documentation from an actual organization