Establish the foundation to void Murphy's Law; things that could go wrong don't have to when you learn to use FMEAs successfully. This course will teach you the skills to understand and use FMEAs and the concept of risk reduction and defect prevention.
Turn your quality control around when you discover the impact of failure and how you can reduce the risk with FMEAs. Then, take your skills and knowledge beyond the concepts by learning the specifics of successfully developing and maintaining design and process FMEAs for your company, which includes identifying and reducing risk factors.
Length: 2 days Prerequisites: Knowledge of automotive requirements recommended
NOTE: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
Recommended for quality managers, quality team leaders, third-party auditors of IATF 16949:2016, anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949:2016, individuals and cross functional teams interested in risk reduction and anyone who wants a better understanding of basic FMEA and risk management methodology.
- Define FMEA customers
- Relate FMEA to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- List the specifics of Design and Process FMEAs
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of risk and how to reduce the risk of failure
- Complete an FMEA and distinguish the reasoning for specific parts of the FMEA
- What is FMEA?
- DFMEA & PFMEA Overview and Comparison
- Linkages Between DFMEA and PFMEA
- Developing Process FMEAs
- Developing Process FMEAs (continued)
- PFMEA Application