To assist AIAG in accomplishing its objectives, the Supply Chain Community will:
- Proactively identify AIAG member industry issues, needs, and trends.
- Actively represent AIAG member industry needs, nationally and internationally including participation in standard setting organizations and partnerships with other industry groups.
- Provide timely development, delivery, and promotion of valued direction and innovative solutions for a seamless, efficient, and responsible supply chain with
- Cost and complexity reduced
- Supply Chain management improved for materials and logistics
- Speed to market optimized
- Provide/approve information technology recommendations to other AIAG business units and oversight committees, e.g.:
- select and recommend process and data modeling tools, techniques, and methods.
- review and approve technology solutions from AIAG work groups during the development process
- recommend electronic technology solutions to business problems
- Encourage participation from our organizations, AIAG members and subject matter experts to participate in Supply Chain Management work groups