1. Recognize the principles behind the new FMEA methodology.
2. Recognize the warning signs of a poor FMEA approach
3. Understand the root causes of these warning signs and how to shift your FMEA approach
4. Understand the intentions and principles behind the directions in the new FMEA Handbook, including major changes to the FMEA Forms
5. Understand how the changes in the new FMEA Handbook tie to overall organizational success
6. Evaluate the weaknesses within your own team/organization and be ready to take the next step
A. Why did the FMEA change?
B. Major action areas:
1. Establishing an appropriate FMEA program
2. Performing an accurage and comprehensive system analysis
3. Determining the realistic risk profile of the product/process
4. Maintaining FMEA as a "living document"
5. Summarizing results and communicating with stakeholders
6. Using Foundation / Family FMEA's effectively
7. Leveraging FMEA within the supply chain
C. Overview of the FMEA Handbook's 7-Step Approach and supporting form sheets
D. Aligning technical risk analysis with business objectives
E. Next Steps