This course will assist the practitioner in execution of Design FMEA using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. It will provide the knowledge to describe the benefits of a robust technical risk analysis applying the 7-Step Approach, evaluate the consistency of DFMEA applications, measure the effectiveness and efficiency of DFMEA within your organization, and develop an action plan for your organization to adopt the AIAG & VDA FMEA.
Recommended for core Design FMEA team members, including: design engineers, system engineers, component engineers, test engineers, quality and reliability engineers, FMEA moderators/facilitators, project managers, auditors, and others with the background and experience with Design FMEA.
1. Describe the benefits of a robust technical risk analysis using the DFMEA approach described in the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
2. Apply the 7-Step Approach in the execution of an actual DFMEA
3. Evaluate the consistency of DFMEA application cases
4. Measure DFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ)
5. Develop an Implementation Plan for the AIAG & VDA FMEA
A. Overview of FMEA Foundations based on the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
B. Applying the 7 Step Approach, an instrumental new method, integrated with Lessons Learned and error-proofing to develop a Design FMEA.
C. Perform a Design FMEA prepared using the new method and tools
D. Critical linkages from Design FMEA to Process FMEA
E. Introduction to Supplemental FMEA for Monitoring and System Response (FMEA-MSR): Importance and Applicability
F. DFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
G. Build a workable Implementation Plan for the AIAG & VDA FMEA