- Define Exemplar Global Criteria
- List Guidelines governing the Lead Auditor Training Courses
- Describe Environmental awareness
- Assess Top Management commitment
- Apply Compliance with environmental legal requirements
- Conform with OEM Customer Specific Requirements (automotive industry only)
- Interrelate with other management systems
- Complete EMS Application Activity (Aspects and Impacts)
- Understanding the ISO 14001:2004 Standard and environmental legal requirements
- Utilize EMS Customer Specific Requirements (automotive industry only)
- Practice Auditing Skills
- Apply Audit Skills
- Utilize the Exemplar Global Auditor Certification Handbook
- Demonstrate use of Conformity Assessment Documents
Requirements for Successful Completion
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing
capability, performance as team members when role playing, and
communication skills (performed independently by all instructors
involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of ISO 14001 and
the application of audit principles and practices based on ISO
14001. Seventy-five percent of the examination grade is based on
questions that require essay responses that test comprehension
of the audit process and the application of ISO 14001. The
remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice,
true/false or short-answer questions.
- Those who pass will receive a certificate of successful
completion, which satisfies the training requirement for
individual QMS auditor certification by Exemplar Global and IRCA.
- Those who do not pass will receive a certificate of attendance.
A series of questions to be answered and turned in prior to or at the beginning of the course is required to demonstrate understanding of ISO 14001.