An environmental management system (EMS) based on the ISO 14001 standard is recognized worldwide as a
superb methodology for reducing environmental hazards, maintaining regulatory compliance and as a cost -saving
Environmental management system internal auditors assist an organization in maintaining an effective EMS and in
meeting environmentally sensitive targets and objectives. Using environmental methodology and tools, this EMS
lead auditor class helps your organization drive continuous improvement.
This 5-day in-depth course gives you the skills and tools necessary to become an effective lead auditor in your
organization. Hands-on class work, exercises and case studies will prepare you to effectively run your internal audit,
as well as oversee internal auditors during the course of an audit. Learn a range of internal EMS auditing skills that
will help you become a strong advocate and auditor in your company's effort to obtain maximum value from your
commitment to environmental issues. Gain confidence in your audit skills - from planning through reporting the
results. In addition, acquire actual experience working as a member of a functioning audit team during the course.
This course is certified by Exemplar Global and meets the training portion of the requirements for certification of
individual QMS auditors.
Plexus International is the Exemplar Global-certified course provider for training at AIAG.
Recommended for anyone taking on the role of lead auditor, EMS audit program
coordinators, EMS auditors desiring lead auditor status, EMS planners, implementers
and team members.
• Define Exemplar Global Criteria
• List Guidelines governing the Lead Auditor Training Courses
• Describe Environmental awareness
• Assess Top Management commitment
• Apply Compliance with environmental legal requirements
• Conform with OEM Customer Specific Requirements (automotive industry only)
• Interrelate with other management systems
• Complete EMS Application Activity (Aspects and Impacts)
• Understanding the ISO 14001:2004 Standard and environmental legal requirements
• Utilize EMS Customer Specific Requirements (automotive industry only)
• Practice Auditing Skills
• Apply Audit Skills
• Utilize the Exemplar Global Auditor Certification Handbook
• Demonstrate use of Conformity Assessment Documents