• Identify linkages to quality management principles
• Identify and apply the process approach
• Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
• Demonstrate an understanding of risk-based thinking
• Demonstrate an understanding of how risk-based thinking supports and improves the understanding and application of the process approach
• Identify the requirements applicable to an IATF 16949:2016 first and second-party internal auditor
• Identify the linkages to the Automotive Core Tools and Customer Requirements
• Demonstrate an understanding of Rules 5th Edition
• Apply auditing skills according to ISO 19011
• Apply the concept of risk-based thinking in the audit process
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
1. The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
2. A written examination that covers the content of IATF 16949:2016 and the application of audit principles and practices based on IATF 16949:2016.
Earn two certificates upon successful appraisal
Earn two certificates upon successful appraisal:
- An AIAG IATF 16949:2016 Lead Auditor Training certificate
- An AIAG IATF 16949:2016 Supplier Auditor Certification certificate for first and second-party assessments.