IATF 16949:2016 places an increased emphasis on first and second-party auditor qualification, and this exclusive 5-day training program is the highest level of auditor training available to automotive suppliers. The course is designed to prepare first and second-party auditors to meet the requirements of IATF 16949:2016 and customer requirements of FCA, Ford Motor Co., and General Motors Co. This is the only IATF 16949:2016 training that combines the AIAG Supplier Auditor Certification with the ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training. A final examination is included at the end of the course.
In accordance with internal and supplier auditor competency requirements defined in IATF 16949 Section 7.2.3 and 7.2.4, participants are encouraged to complete the AIAG Core Tools Self-Assessment (CTSA) to assess proficiency in the core tools, prior to attending auditor training.
Recommended for first- and second-party auditors who want to become AIAG-certified supplier auditors; QMS lead auditor, QMS auditor or QMS lead auditor; or who need to learn about IATF 16949 in order to audit an IATF 16949 quality management system.
• Identify linkages to quality management principles
• Identify and apply the process approach
• Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
• Demonstrate an understanding of risk-based thinking
• Demonstrate an understanding of how risk-based thinking supports and improves the understanding and application of the process approach
• Identify the requirements applicable to an IATF 16949:2016 first and second-party internal auditor
• Identify the linkages to the Automotive Core Tools and Customer Requirements
• Demonstrate an understanding of Rules 5th Edition
• Apply auditing skills according to ISO 19011
• Apply the concept of risk-based thinking in the audit process
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
1. The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
2. A written examination that covers the content of IATF 16949:2016 and the application of audit principles and practices based on IATF 16949:2016.
Earn two certificates upon successful appraisal
• An ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor certificate of successful completio
• An AIAG IATF 16949:2016 Supplier Auditor Certification certificate for first and second-party assessments