Learn the skills needed to implement the APQP process, develop control plans and complete the production part approval process smoothly, efficiently and effectively within your company. Additionally, acquire the skills necessary to complete all five APQP phases from "voice of the customer" through final output, including control plan methodology and PPAP submission.
Through group activities and hands-on coaching, you learn the importance of thorough planning activities and develop a functional timing plan for production and delivery of a simulated product. Using simulations, groups work with customer engineers to develop a customer requirement and take it from prototype to a functionally acceptable and capable part. Realism is enhanced as teams develop flow charts, process instructions and control plans for the product and carry them through to PPAP submission.
Length: 2 days Prerequisites: Knowledge of automotive requirements is recommended
NOTE: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
Course Material: Course Material information will be provided on your confirmation document upon completion of registration – if you have more specific questions, please contact customer service at 877-275-2424
Recommended for quality managers and quality team leaders, third-party auditors of IATF 16949:2016, anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949:2016, individuals and cross-functional teams implementing the quality planning process to meet IATF 16949:2016, and anyone who wants a better understanding of the quality planning process.
- Identify the key linkages between IATF 16949:2016 and APQP, FMEA (4th Edition), MSA and SPC
- Evaluate the 5 phases of APQP
- Define PPAP submission requirements
- Design a functional timing plan for production and delivery of a simulated product
- Name the features of developing a manufacturing system and its control plans, and validating the manufacturing process
- Basics of Quality Planning and APQP
- APQP 1.0 – Plan and Define
- APQP 2.0 – Product Design and Development
- APQP 3.0 – Process Design and Development
- APQP 4.0 – Product and Process Validation
- Production Part Approval Process
- APQP 5.0 – Production, Feedback and Assessment
- Key Linkages and APQP Examples