The growing concern regarding substance uses in products, its recycling or disposal has created a lot of legislations and global actions in the last years.
Providing excellent quality material declaration data to your customers requires a thorough understanding of these regulations. Professionals must be prepared for the impact of these requirements on the future of their business. This course provides an extension of the IMDS Basic Concepts and Application course, to help you understand the regulations and anticipate their impact on your business. Additionally, students will receive hands on instruction on how to utilize IMDS’ more complicated features, such as Chemistry Manager, Where Used Analysis, MDS Update and MDS Request.
It is recommended that students first attend the IMDS Basic Concepts and Application course prior to attending this Advanced IMDS course or have equivalent experience.
Students are required to bring a laptop to class. Laptops must have wi-fi capability, be equipped with Firefox or Chrome internet browser and have Microsoft Office.
Prerequisite: Basic understanding of IMDS including MDS creation, submission and review for acceptance/rejection or attendance to the IMDS Basic Concepts and Application course.
Course Material: Course Material information will be provided on your confirmation document upon completion of registration – if you have more specific questions, please contact customer service at 877-275-2424.
IMDS Coordinator/Processor, Environmental Specialist, EHS, Quality, Engineering Dept., Data Manager/Processor, HR
This course covers:
- ELV Directive (End of Life of Vehicle 2000/53/EC and Annex II)
- GADSL (Global Automotive Declarable Substance List)
- REACH Regulation
- U. S. Conflict Minerals
- RoHs and WEEE Directives
- Substance of Concern (Soc)
- Biocidal Product Regulation (BPR, Regulation (EU) 528/2012)
- Material Classification
- Basic Substances for Materials creation
- Polymeric Parts Marked – ISO 1043, 11469, 18064 and 14021.
- Substance Ranges
- Process Substances
- IMDS OEM´s Specific Requirements (Daimler, FCA, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyndai, Isuzu, Iveco, Kia, Man Trucks, Mazda, Nissan, Renault, Scania, Ssangyong, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo Trucks and Cars) and the more common mistakes
- The latest system changes/releases