AIAG and VDA FMEA: Essentials for Transitioning eLearning Bundle
Exclusively through AIAG, you can register for the AIAG and VDA FMEA: Essentials for Transitioning eLearning and receive an electronic copy of the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook at a discounted rate! This eLearning course provides participants with a clear understanding of the major changes in the FMEA process and toolset that are described in the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. It guides the participant to examine the warning signs of a poor approach, recognize the potential weaknesses within your organization's current approach, and how to leverage the principles and values of the new approach that will bring your organization's FMEA to the next level of robustness.
*Want to make sure you get your hands on the hardcopy version of the new handbook as well? Purchase the Digital Bundle and receive 25% off your hardcopy AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook! A promo code will be provided via email after you complete your purchase.
Please Note: eDocument is not downloadable, printable, or transferable.
Pre-requisite: This training assumes the individual has a basic knowledge of 4th Edition FMEA.
Recommended for anyone interested in learning about the changes in the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook that has a basic knowledge of AIAG 4th Edition FMEA.
1. Recognize the principles behind the new FMEA methodology.
2. Recognize the warning signs of a poor FMEA approach
3. Understand the root causes of these warning signs and how to shift your FMEA approach
4. Understand the intentions and principles behind the directions in the new FMEA Handbook, including major changes to the FMEA Forms
5. Understand how the changes in the new FMEA Handbook tie to overall organizational success
6. Evaluate the weaknesses within your own team/organization and be ready to take the next step
A. Why did the FMEA change?
B. Major action areas:
1. Establishing an appropriate FMEA program
2. Performing an accurage and comprehensive system analysis
3. Determining the realistic risk profile of the product/process
4. Maintaining FMEA as a "living document"
5. Summarizing results and communicating with stakeholders
6. Using Foundation / Family FMEA's effectively
7. Leveraging FMEA within the supply chain
C. Overview of the FMEA Handbook's 7-Step Approach and supporting form sheets
D. Aligning technical risk analysis with business objectives
E. Next Steps