IATF 16949:2016 places an increased emphasis on first and second-party auditor qualification. This exclusive 5-day training program is the highest level of auditor training available to automotive suppliers. The course is designed to prepare first- and second-party auditors and audit program managers to meet the new requirements of IATF 16949:2016 and customer-specific requirements of FCA, Ford Motor Co., and General Motors Co. This is the only IATF 16949:2016 training that combines the AIAG Supplier Auditor Certification with the Exemplar Global-Certified ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training. A final examination is included at the end of the course.
Is this the right class for you? CLICK HERE to review the Training Selection Tool.
In accordance with internal and supplier auditor competency requirements defined in IATF 16949 Section 7.2.3 and 7.2.4, participants are encouraged to complete the AIAG Core Tools Self-Assessment (CTSA) to assess proficiency in the core tools, prior to attending auditor training. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Recommended: Basic knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, and working knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements.
- Required: Working knowledge of the Core Tools and auditing experience.
- Self-Study (Mandatory): A series of questions (self-study document) to be answered by the student and turned in prior to or at the beginning of the course. The self-study is designed to acquaint you with ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standards, and the guidelines for auditing management systems.
Recommended: Learning participation can be maximized if the individual enters with working knowledge and experience related to this subject.
Required: Training course and/or examination assumes the individual has working knowledge and experience related to this subject. Although there is no mandatory verification by Training Administrator, lack of the required working knowledge and experience in this competence area may negatively affect training participation and final scoring.
- Identify linkages to quality management principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of and apply the automotive process approach to auditing, including risk-based thinking
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
- Identify the requirements applicable to an IATF 16949:2016 first and second-party auditor
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and Customer Specific Requirements, including how to audit the applicable CSRs
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and the Core Tools, including how to audit applicable core tool requirements related to the scope of the audit
- Demonstrate knowledge of Rules 5th Edition applicable to the first- and second-party audit process
- Apply auditing skills according to ISO 19011 for Lead Auditors
- Apply the concept of risk-based thinking in the audit process
NOTE: A full copy of the IATF 16949:2016 and 9001:2015 publications are not included. However, the exacted requirements text of 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, with training commentary, will be included in the participant manual.
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of IATF 16949:2016 and the application of audit principles and practices based on IATF 16949:2016. Seventy-five percent of the examination grade is based on questions that require essay responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of IATF 16949:2016. The remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice, true/false or short-answer questions.
Earn two certificates upon successful appraisal
- An Exemplar Global ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor certificate of successful completion, which satisfies the training portion of the requirements for certification of individual QMS Auditors.
- An AIAG IATF 16949:2016 Supplier Auditor Certification certificate for first and second-party assessments.
Note: Successful completion of this course/exam does not qualify you to conduct third-party audits.
Plexus International is the certified Training Provider for this course.
Course Material: Course Material information will be provided on your confirmation document upon completion of registration – if you have more specific questions, please contact customer service at 877-275-2424
This training is designed for quality professionals in the automotive industry, and recommended for:
- First and second-party auditors who want to become an AIAG-certified Supplier Auditor
- Individuals who want to apply for certification as an Exemplar Global-Certified QMS internal auditor, QMS auditor or QMS lead auditor
- Candidates to manage first- and second-party audit programs
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Quality Management Principles
- Process Approach and Risked-Based Thinking
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 – Requirements and Commentary
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 – Requirements and Commentary (continued)
- Auditing the Core Tools
- Auditing Customer Specific Requirements
- Conflict Management
- Auditing Skills
- Auditing Application (continued)
- Written Exam
RECOMMENDED POST TRAINING APPLICATION
Leading first- and second-party audits and audit program management.
The final examination assesses the following competency areas (as defined in IATF clause 7.2.3):
- 7.2.3a, 7.2.3b, 7.2.3c, 7.2.3d, 7.2.3e