This two-day training course presents the 8-D model as an efficient and effective methodology for determining, planning, verifying, and documenting corrective actions. You will be introduced to planning for improvement using easily understood and implemented tools that will result in positive, innovative, and effective actions.
The tools include the questioning technique that establishes a method by which various teams with diverse backgrounds can determine which planning steps are necessary and will result in positive actions. The 8-D approach assists teams in ensuring that all necessary steps are addressed and that an efficient and consistent communication of the results of the team activity is made.
Length: 2 days Prerequisites: None
NOTE: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
Course Material: Course Material information will be provided on your confirmation document upon completion of registration – if you have more specific questions, please contact customer service at 877-275-2424
Additional Information for Live Virtual Students
Please review this link in its entirety before your scheduled training session.
Internal auditors, managers and floor supervisors, quality related personnel, and anyone who wants to incorporate the use of the 8-D process into their corrective action and continual improvement programs.
- Define the 8-D Approach
- Organize an 8-D Team for the 8-D
- Evaluate the differences between good and bad corrective actions
- Develop Fishbone / Cause and Effect diagrams
- Conduct an analysis using 5-WHY
- Identify Corrective Action
- Demonstrate the ability to apply questioning technique skills
- Develop and congratulate the teams
- Identify specific performance and abilities
- Corrective Action
- The Questioning Technique
- The 8-D Approach – A General Description
- Practical Exercises
- The 8-D Approach – Specific Performance